IIS WebAPI 404

In ASP.NET Web API, if the incoming does not match any route, the framework is simply hard wired to return 404 to the client (or possibly pass through to the next configured middleware, in case of an OWIN hosted Web API). The Web API is hosted on IIS, that simplifies the development and deployment of hosted services. Make sure the traffic is actually going to the server in question. ASP.NET Core Web API deployed in IIS returning only HTTP Code 404. Oct 18, 2016 08:06 PM | EddieL | LINK. 4 replies Last post Sep 19, 2012 05:44 AM by Puma613 ‹ Previous Thread | Next Thread › Print Share. Re: IIS 8.5 404 not seeing application's virtual path Oct 19, 2017 12:42 PM | theDaviator | LINK Lexi, with all due respect, your comments are not helpful and a shining example as to why most Microsoft forums are just like Microsoft's documentation, useless. For both projects, I used the defaults without changes and they both run fine on my workstation. message handlers would not be invoked). DELETE/PUT verbs result in 404 Not Found in WebAPI, only when running locallyRSS 4 replies Last post Jan 31, 2018 07:37 PM by Marouane Are you sure the DNS is all correct. For both projects, I used the defaults without changes and they both run fine on my workstation. This Web API is supposed to be deployed in IIS and will have to work over SSL, so I have the [HttpsRequired] attribute on all my controllers. I have a new Web API developed in ASP.NET Core. I struggle to make it work while deployed, so, for now, I relaxed the requirements and … When we host the Web API in IIS, it is deployed and managed like other IIS applications. When we host the application on IIS, it can provide the process activation and recycling capabilities that increase the reliability of the hosted application. On both the IIS express and the test server works the API just fine, but when we put it on the live server it keeps returning a 404 response. I am using Visual Studio 17 (v 15.3.5) to create a .NET Core Web API and a Web Application. Get 404 when calling a web api method [Answered] RSS. Re: url with dot causing 404 Sep 24, 2013 02:09 PM | bruce (sqlwork.com) | LINK you will need to add ignore routes for every extension you want to kick back to iis, or add routes that maps them to the static file hander This is done immediately, without entering anywhere further down the pipeline (i.e. The API which I'm building is running in IIS express in Visual studio and on a test server which uses the same IIS as the live server.